Korg has collaborated with the legendary mixer design team of Greg Mackie and Peter Watts to create hybrid/analog mini-consoles that make creative mixing easy. Both the 24- and 16-channel models give you analog’s instant control over those inevitable live mixing emergencies, stunning sound quality, and more musician friendly features than the competition — paired with the power of high-quality digital where it counts.
Designed in conjunction with mixer design legends Greg Mackie and Peter Watts. SoundLink mixers just look like conventional 16 and 24-channel mixers. Use a SoundLink and you discover all the typical Greg Mackie features and ideas that make you think ”why don’t other mixes have that?”; hear your first live mix and discover why Peter Watts helped design legendary Trident consoles and then hundreds of high-end studio processors and preamps. Besides designing mixers, Greg Mackie has been mixing on them for over 40 years. Let’s just say, he’s picked up a few ideas over that time. Many of which are incorporated into SoundLink.
New HiVolt microphone preamps actually deliver on the usual “low noise, high headroom” mixer claim. When you listen to the “White Album,” Rhianna’s “Rated R” and “Loud”, “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” and literally hundreds of other familiar albums, you’re listening to the legendary Trident mixing console sound. Peter Watts had an important role in Trident technology; he brings the same rich, warm preamp, EQ and dynamics quality to the products he designs today. HiVolt mic preamps give you the most headroom of any comparably-priced analog or digital mixer (16.5V internal voltage, even on stereo channels where other mixers skimp). They sound warm and musical.
You can tell SoundLink was designed by practical musicians. It’s is the only small mixer that has Mute Groups. They let you instantly call up different combinations of channels for various groups on stage, different songs, sound checks, a solo acoustic number, a drum solo or different parts of a church service (choir, praise band, pastor. You get four Group options, each easily programmable and recallable.
Have it their way. Some musicians want to hear more of their own instrument or voice in their in-ear or floor monitor, a process that is complicated to change on other mixers. SoundLink’s Musician’s Phone feature provides one-knob boost of the complete left/right mix into the musician’s individual track. Instead of having to change main mix settings or take up a bus, you have dedicated knobs for two Musician’s “more me” monitor mixes. A SoundLink exclusive!
Not just effects. KORG effects . Instead of a generic digital effects processor chip, SoundLink mixers use a high-quality proprietary Korg custom chip that builds on all of Korg’s multi-decade expertise: twenty four ultra-realistic digital effects. For example, all six reverb effects include an alternate “WARM” version – a touch veteran Korg users will tell you is very useful. Parameters of all effects can be tweaked, saved and recalled, and activated by an optional footswitch. Plus, you get test tone generators for use with the built-in 24-band Spectrum Analyzer that’s another SoundLink exclusive in a mixer in this price range.
Rack-mount studio-grade DSP you can reach easily. Digital processing and effects are frustrating if they’re buried in some long, scrolling menu inside a menu. For EQ and other control features, and a row of individual L/R, AUX 1 and Aux 2 assign buttons for both Equalization and Dynamics makes mixing easier. SoundLink’s Limiter, Compressor, Noise Gate are both effective without being harsh or exaggerated. Each has tweakable, recallable parameters. Coupled with a 31-band Spectrum Analyzer, our super-practical 31-band/9-band ParaGraphic EQ solves acoustical problems other small mixers can’t handle.
• True hybrid design developed with mixer design legends Greg Mackie and Peter Watts24 x 8 x 2 or 16 x 8 x 2 models feature practical design structure and ingenious features that make mixing unpredictable live performances easy even for novices
• Peter Watts-designed HiVolt mic preamps, with the most headroom of any comparably-priced analog or digital mixer
• Unique Musician’s Phones Monitor Section for fast, one-knob boost of a musician’s mix without having to change Aux or Main mix
• Only mixer in its class with Mute Groups to create various input combinations of musicians or parts of a church service
• True 8-bus configuration makes SoundLink perfect for recording as well as live mixing musicians, different parts of a church service, or cues during a theater production
• Peter Watts’ refined, studio-grade, one-knob Compressor on all mic channels
• Super-useful touches such as best-in-class Feedback control system, all-XLR speaker outputs, 31-band Spectrum Analyzer, and enhanced Break system
• 20 of Korg’s renowned 32-bit digital effects — 10 at once with recallable parameters
• Premium components including Velvet Sound™ A/D & D/A converters and silky-smooth, long-life ALPS® faders and rotary controls