You can easily sample any sounds with the built-in microphone, your microphone or electric guitar connected to the input, or even a USB-connected smartphone or PC/Mac.
You can even sample applying an insert effect. For example, your electric guitar can be added to Distortion or your vocal to Compressor.
Sampled sounds can be quickly assigned to pads with auto-slicing, and can also be edited manually in detail by viewing the waveform display.
Sampled sounds can also be easily matched to the tempo and key of your song.
You can also resample a sequenced phrase of sampled sounds including applied effects.
Each song project has 16 sequential parts called ”Scenes”. Each Scene has 10 sequencer tracks which can behave in different ways, as described below:
– Loop Track: Sequencer for a looping sample
– Shots Track: Sequencer for a single one-shot sample
– Drum Track: Step sequencer for drums
– Instrument Track: Piano roll type sequencer for musical instruments
– MIDI Track: Piano roll type sequencer for external MIDI equipment
Three additional Global Audio Tracks are available for longer recordings like vocals and external instruments. These tracks can record multiple takes which can be spliced into a final perfect version. Traditional ”punch-in” style recording is also supported.